Friday 2/2 was my birthday. I’m excited about what this new year of life will bring me. I had a simple day, as I’m not much for huge parties. I’d rather a one and a lifetime experience than a one night party. Although this time around I kept it very simple with some traditions. It is a family tradition since I was a child to make our way to Ihop for breakfast. If you don’t have an Ihop, you should know its one of the best places for pancakes! The next stop for me was the Windows store to buy myself a new 2-in-1 Surface. My previous Surface tablet had lasted me around 9 years and was on its last leg. Now I had no problem picking out which computer I wanted as I did my homework and the Windows employees were very helpful. With all that being said I was in the Windows store way too long, because of Dell!
You see I had planned to pay a certain amount towards my new computer and finance the rest. This was not what happened as Dell refused to let me leave the store with my purchase. I don’t know why Windows has Dell as their financing company, but I can tell you it was not a pleasant experience trying to prove I was myself. They only use public records like an email. Which they kept on telling me was incorrect, which it wasn’t. My social security number or license number was not enough! In the end I was glad to have a back up solution and left the store with my computer setup and ready to use.
I had other plans to celebrate, but by the time we left Windows all we wanted to do was to eat! P.F. Changs was near by and since I had never been I was excited to see what it had to offer. I highly recommend you stop by and try the following:
Ahi Poke Bowl ( if you eat sushi, you’ll love this)
Handfolded Crab Wonton (creamy crab mix )
Crispy Honey Shrimp (Sweeter than regular coconut shrimp, but just as scrumptious)
Hokkien Street Noodles (Thin noodle dish with a bit of spice)
Banana Spring Roll (Caramel and banana goodness!)
Coconut Mojito (YUM)
All of it was delicious and the experience was great. P. F. Changs for the win!
Now that I shared my day with you, I figure I’d share some facts about myself.
- I’m a night owl (follow my Instastories for that)
- I always wear rings
- I hardly wear earrings as my ear lobes are extremely sensitive
- I was raised by a single mom, there is no one stronger than a single mom
- If I were not in fashion, I’d be in the art world
- I have a size 5 foot, size 3 in kids
- I drink a lot of water! I try 1-3 bottles a day, I feel unbalanced without it
- I’m very sensitive to smells. I love woodsy scents over floral ones
- I love the physical act of writing something down. Planners, notebooks, stationary are my choice over digital reminders
- I also love the physical feel of a book, as opposed to a digital version
- I do a lot of my work while listening to music. I listen to almost everything from classical, country, rap and beyond. If the song has a great beat, melody or message I’ll listen. I’m in a Latin Trap moment right now, so that is dominating my Spotify account. If you have no idea what that is, Google Bad Bunny.
- I hate rodents and anything that resembles them! (Insert your “than how can you do NYC” joke here)
- I’ve had IBS, since I was in high school. It’s a intestinal condition that can be very painful. Although I learned to manage to control it early on by watching everything I eat.
- House goals will always be a brownstone with an industrial interior. City girl at heart.
Took an OOTD pic, here are some behind the scene gems!
When is your birthday? How do you celebrate, are there any traditions? Do you have any birthday goals? Let me know in the comments and on social media.